Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chocolage Block #13


Chocolage Block #13
Originally uploaded by lasassone
I finished this block last evening while I watched this week's result show from Dancing with the Stars. About that: I had hoped that Priscilla Presley would last longer, but alas she is now gone. I liked that someone closer to my age was getting a chance to show that older women can learn new tricks, ya know?

Anyway, with this block done it leaves 3 more to do. Once I get started on them, they just zip along. By now I feel l've gotten pretty skilled at the back stitch, but on block #14 the printing is smaller and I see that I will have to switch to one strand of thread for it.

Looking at this photo I realize I didn't do the best pressing job on it. It's looking a little strange & wrinkly. I usually press the blocks from the front first and then turn them face down on terry towling. I then spray the back of the block with fabric finish, press with my fingers any little thread tails I see sticking where they aren't supposed to be and then steam the block really well. I think I was in a hurry or very sleepy last night when I did this one. It needs to be redone.

Today on my agenda are my Take it Further Challenge blocks for March and April. I need to finish the embellishing of the March block so I can get caught up with this challenge.

Stitch on!

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Love the Chocolage book. I forgot I even had that book. Maybe I should give up quilting and take up stitching. It seems my stitching projects are more than my quilting projects. LOL!

The Sick Chick said...

I just wanted to say that you have inspired me to try crazy quilting and give embroidery another go. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us :) I've been following your blog for a while now but have just made the decision to start sewing/stitching again!