Saturday, February 09, 2008

TIF Challenge - January-playing Catch Up!


TIF Challenge - January
Originally uploaded by lasassone
I'm trying to catch up a bit today and one thing I let sit on the back burner when I was ill was the Take it Further Challenge from Sharon B's website. Monthly this year she is posting a theme and a selection of colors and we are to do with them what we like.

I have decided to stretch myself a bit in the color department this year and so will be making 8 inch crazyquilt blocks which I will then put together into a wall quilt perhaps. Along the way I will embellish each month with things appropriate for the month.

I immediately found that was glad to have stocked up on DMC floss when Wal-mart discontinued it. With the help of my DMC color chart that I bought at Jo-Ann's Fabrics with my 40% coupon, I am able to find Sharon's colors each month making it easier to pull the fabrics for each block.

January's colors that I found are shown on the left of the photo. They are from bottom to top: 504, 822, 501, 340 & 333.

Now to embellish January!

Stitch on!

No comments: