Monday, October 16, 2006

Josh's Pillow Finished!


Josh's Pillow-Front
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
It seems I'm always working down to the wire on things, doesn't it?

This morning I finished my grandson's pillow and now I must dash off to the post office in hopes that this gift will arrive by Wednesday which is his 4th birthday.

Made to cover a travel pillow form that came from JoAnn Fabrics, this pillow is for Josh's room which has a fireman/dog theme. I have a quilt in the works, but to hold him over, I used one of the blocks for this pillow. I made a 2 inch flange all around because I thought a ruffle would be too girlie!

For the back I used the fabric from the sashing on the quilt that's not quite done yet. I used Publisher to print off the label on a Jacquard ink jet cotton fabric sheet and added a leftover small image from the quilt top.

The front fabrics are all Kona cottons and I can't remember where I got the image for this block. I seem to remember it was a fire dept. coloring book some place on the internet.

Now to finish that quilt!

Stitch on!

2 comments:

Candi said...

That is adorable, I'll bet he loves it! :)
Candi

piney cq said...

What a wonderful memory gift for your special guy!!! Great job! I LOVE the pawprint fabric and the fire engine??? WOW!!!!