Wednesday, October 25, 2006

BOM for October


BOM for October
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
Last night I finished the October BOM block for the online group RedworkStitchers at yahoogroups.com.

We began this BOM challenge in April, so soon I will have to work on the January design which I already have traced onto the fabric. Then February & March! But first I need to decide what to do for November, but it will probably involve a turkey somehow since here in the states we are looking at Thanksgiving on the 23rd.

This design for October came from an old magazine. I can't recall which one but I copied it when I was going through all my quilting magazines & getting rid of them. It was actually an applique pattern but applique patterns often make great embroidery patterns.

Looking back over this past year I find that I have produced a record (for me) amount of outline embroidery. I enjoy it so much and it's so portable. Soon I'm going to have to start focusing on Christmas gifts! One of my grands has a birthday the day after Christmas so there's that to think about too! I don't think she or her Mum read my blog, so it's probably safe to say that she will get a pillow that will be a prelude to her 1930's print scotty dog quilt that is in the works.

Meanwhile at our local CQ group's meeting last Saturday I worked on 2 more pillows that will be Christmas gifts. I won't say who one is for, but the other one is for my 2 daughters' mother-in-law. (2 of my girls are married to brothers!) Her name is Sylvia and she recently did G and I a huge favor, so I have pieced another travel pillow top in the colors of her bedroom. It's very pastel and definitely outside my comfort zone, although lately I'm more comfortable with the muted tones than I have been in the past.

Maybe later I'll post some "before" pictures of the two pieces. Sometimes it's helpful to see them up on the computer screen before I start embellishing. I'm almost done tacking on the basics.

Time for more coffee!

Stitch on!

No comments: