Friday, August 18, 2006

More Catch Up!


Valentine Snowman
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
Last night I finished the February/Valentine block in this series and started on the next mannequin block. I think I may have some little heart shaped beads that would fit inside the spaces in the heart string on this one.

Also got my granddaughter's birthday project started yesterday. Since her b'day is the 29th, I have to concentrate on that now, but I also managed to mock up a small block for September in another BOM challenge - this on is on the RedworkStitcher's list. I've been doing my own designs and this one is to honor my eldest grandson's first day of kindergarden.

I'm also reading "The Mermaid Chair" before bed each night. I'm an avid reader and yesterday started a data base of books I've read. Wish I'd done it years ago. A while back someone posted a life reading list to live up to that had been published in a newspaper. I was surprised to see that I had read quite a few of the books listed. Of course I can't recall WHEN I read them. I read a lot of mysteries and have read 10 books in the past 2 months.

Otherwise I'm stitching as fast as I can!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

that's the one I have half started in all blue though. I like the mixed colors that you show, Louanne.

I had hoped to work on it a bit on my car trip to MO for my grandma's funeral but knitted instead. My niece used my floss though to make her cousin a knotted spring necklace--good thing I had it along!